Tuesday 20 September 2011

Miss Humanity International 2011 Contestant - Miss Zambia, Athrone Milimo's Photo & Profile/Biography

Profile Info

Country: Republic of Zambia
Age: 23 years
Height: 183.00 cm
Occupation: Student
Horoscope: Scorpio

Philosophy:

I believe that a person determines their attitude and their attitude determines their future...

Hobbies: 

gardening,cooking,shopping

Bio: 

I obtained my primary education at Kansenje Basic School, attended the Malundu Private School and Naboye High School. Tertiary education was obtained from LBTC College where I am currently pursuing a degree in Tourism & Travel. I have always had a love for fashion and modeling so I started at the age of 14 years. Thus far I have been crowned Miss Kafue, Miss Tourism Queen International Zambia and placed as a finalist in Zambia Super Model.

These opportunites led me to represent my country internationally at Miss Tourism Queen International in China 2010 where I placed as a finalist and at Miss Queen of The World 2010 in Germany. My ambition is to become a qualified super model who uses her earnings to establish a hospice dedicated to caring for the children who are born with HIV/AIDS in Zambia.

Humanitarian Advocacy:

Zambia has one of the highest HIV rates in the world. Over 1 million Zambians carry the virus, and nearly one in 10 Zambians between the ages of 15 and 24 are living with HIV. Around the country, there is a massive ongoing effort to educate Zambia's young people about HIV prevention.

In collaboration with the Ministry of Education, the Student Partnerships Worldwide organization has set up an HIV/AIDS education programme in Zambia as well as a 'Teacher's AIDS Action Programme' in colleges. Every year, they train over 128 volunteer peer educators who work in schools and colleges.

I believe that every human being has the right to health care,considering the fact that am very passionate with children. It is imperitive to advocate for an HIV/AIDS free generation and using Miss Humanity International as a platform, I will wholeheartedly disseminate the information of caring for children born with the pandemic and the importance of educating our mothers on the prevention of mother to child transmission.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites